Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The Beginning

My name is Laura, I am a personal banker, cake decorator, Masters student and a 27 year old trying to find her way.

Three weeks ago I had to ask my boss what my 3 strengths and weaknesses were that would lead to a successful or failing career for one of my Master's classes. It was an eye-opening experience but none the less, 8 words stuck out to me...
"You Are Better Than You Think You Are"

We all have issues with "who am I," "what am I doing here."

At work we all joke around with how awesome everyone is, but when reality sets in, I am my toughest critic. Those 8 words are now my daily mantra - not to be vain or conceited but rather an optimistic outlook on my future. And this is where it begins.

I was laying in bed last night trying to think of ways to hold myself accountable. I guess you could say it was a "pre New Years resolution" or something of that nature but all I could remember was doing a live journal for my friends and family while I was doing a study abroad in Germany so they could keep up with all my silly shenanigans. And then I thought I should do that again and be like the millions of bloggers. I would do this for me, a self reflection of sorts with goals to keep me going.

2009 came and went and I still can't believe its been 2.5 years since I moved to Charlotte. I am happy, but I want more. I want more of life, more of laughter and more of love. These 3 things go along with those 8 words to help me be more accountable.  This will be a personal, physical and emotional reflection of how I am keeping myself accountable and hopefully in the process I will be able to learn a thing or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.