Well its been a week. Correct that, a week from hell.
I am a firm believer that taking a week off from work is not a vacation because in reality when you go back you were wishing you never left because of all the crap that you have to catch up on. In a nutshell that was my week. 3 days of work and 2 days of training = too much work to catch up on in too little time. But my job is to excel and that is what I will do.
During training this week for work, we had to give a 15 min presentation on some subject... mine was "surviving a troubled economy". Wow Fun stuff, you say! But in all honesty-its what i'm getting my degree in so you would think that I would know it. The response I got after the presentation was just that.. you know your stuff- just be yourself and you will be more comfortable.
I would say that most of us have fears of public speaking or at least get jitter bugs in our bellies when we have to. Since this was in front of my peers, I wasn't really nervous, but I just didn't feel as comfortable as I normally would when doing a presentation because I was surrounded by those whom which I am stack ranked against at work. I am judging myself before I even get up to present... how bad can I butcher this??
Moral of the story- I did well. Some of the comments received were "I feel comfortable listening to you" and "You know your stuff." This is exactly why I am writing this Blog, because no matter how bad we feel like we are going to fail, its not as bad as we think it is. There are worse things in life than giving a presentation... like having to unclog the garbage disposal. (Something I have to do) lol
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.