This morning started off with a bang...more like a holy cow I really need a cup of coffee bang... regardless... a bang.
Daily most of us are trying to be the best we can be...sadly many people with negative or pessimistic views on the world or even their own life have a way of mingling their evil into our simple happiness. And all it takes is just one fowl mood or wrong comment to turn a day upside down.
As a child, I was always told when I was having a "hissy-fit"to "turn that frown upside down.. you don't look pretty that way." Today, in real life, work.. real life situations, those "hissy-fits" can come more often than we ever expected. And even when they aren't our own, they affect us regardless.
Thankfully today a coworker, who I am happy to say reminds me of my mother and someone who I can always count on for advice came into my office with a daily devotional passage and it was all about ENCOURAGEMENT. Something that we all tend to forget to do in our everyday lives.
The short version is the following: 2 young males stood on a busy sidewalk at their college with a sign stating "Free Compliments". Many would walk past just for that extra word of encouragement to brighten their day, others saw it as a kind gesture. It led me to think, wouldn't it be mind boggling if we could do that to every person we encounter in a day? A simple, kind word to lift ones spirit.
"The heart of the wise teaches his mouth, and adds learning to his lips. Pleasant words are like a honeycomb, sweetness to the soul and health to the bones" Prov. 16:24
So.. have you encouraged someone today?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.