Ok Ok...So I know I have been a little slack with the blogging, I promise I will do better.
In other news its now February and many take this time to start on their taxes... I started mine on Wednesday and low and behold I left something very crucial out of my 2008 taxes, my mortgage interest. I get to amend my taxes.. oh the joy. The difference I think will be worth the hassle.
But more importantly February is the month of that four letter word that some of us would like to either dream about or forget about. While we have all have our fair share of relationships, I try and take my free moments to be a "people watcher". I went shopping at the Mall today, perfect place for people watching :) I was trying on dresses for the Bartenders ball here in Charlotte next weekend (of course on Valentines Day) when I notice an older couple shopping together. The woman is shuffling through the hangers and the husband is standing in the isle with his hands in his pockets, waiting for his wife to find whatever she may be looking for so they can go to the next store. I couldn't help but laugh and think of my Grandparents, whom I called right before I went shopping. My Grandmother and Mom were out shopping and my Grandfather picked up the phone, I asked why he didnt go out and he said "Oh I think I enjoy staying at home more" :)
Anyways the point here is just like the older lady shopping today she is hunting for that perfect outfit. I recently read an article stating that women (single) make the huge mistake of searching for that perfect outfit...aka man... and pass by articles that would be good for them if they only gave them a chance. Personally, I am not looking for Mr. Right. I honestly don't have the time to commit to such a relationship right now with school and all of my other activities that I am involved in, but I will say that for a while I was doing just that. Searching for the perfect fit.
Then it hit me... today ... Just like those dresses I was trying on in the fitting room, even though I have a stack of ten, three came out looking just fine and would each be perfect for their own occasion. Funny enough, after I paid I saw another rack of dresses and one just happened to catch my eye enough that I immediately went to try it on, returned one of the dresses I bought 2 minutes ago for the new dress and felt that I did the right thing :)
Regardless of what I think is good for me... Im gonna try it on anyways and hopefully something good will come out of it and will fit perfectly, just like my favorite pair of jeans.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.